Our rapidly growing company is seeking a low voltage, data cabling technician to assist in our cable installation and security divisions. This position has the potential to move into a project management role for the right candidate.
3+ years of general construction experience preferred. Security wiring and electrical metallic tubing experience a plus. Experience with pre-job layout and installation of data cabling via plans/specifications or design-build a plus. Fiber backbone installation and fiber terminations a plus but not required. Level III (IDEAL) testing, labeling, and manufacturer’s warranty/certification, server room / IDF closet build-outs and maintaining accurate on-site as-built drawings. Product certification a plus.
Typical job duties for this position include but aren’t limited to:
- Pull and terminate Cat5E and Cat6 cable
- Install and certify cabling, card access, paging and camera systems
- Perform the basic tasks of material handling, job site housekeeping, tool & equipment maintenance, and general labor.
- Perform conduit and raceway installation
- Assist in the planning and layout of projects as part of the pre-job planning process
- Cable Runs and Drops
- Finish Wall Plates
- Dressing Cable
- Work with 110/66 Blocks
- Read blueprints, installation schematics and follow detailed instructions
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualities that will make you successful:
- High level of comfort with hand and power tools
- Must be able to work safely and in compliance with operating and safety standards
- Ability to learn terminations (copper/fiber) per TIA/EIA Standards
- Great attitude, initiative and work ethic
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Candidate must be able to follow company and client procedures and protocols, work in occupied workspaces and new construction, work alone and as a team member. Must be able to learn and understand all communications related code standards and learn to lead projects and perform accurate estimating as needed.
Candidate must pass a security background check along with pre-employment and random drug screenings.
Candidate must adhere to company and client’s safety policies and procedures. OSHA 10 / 30 a plus, but will train.
Must possess standard hand tools applicable to the trade. Continuing training, certification and professional development reimbursement available upon approval.
We believe our employees are our greatest asset! We offer a very attractive benefits package to our employees which includes company-sponsored medical insurance and options for dental/vision, a generous amount of paid time off, life insurance, tuition/certification reimbursement and endless room for growth within the firm.
CREG Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer